Contact me

2010 SKETCHBOOK (60 pages, black/white/tone, print run 100 copies)

Editions

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Robotika Hardcover Review

Monday, Robotika hardcover got reviewed over at Loadpoet.com and I wanted to share the write-up:

  • Guy LeCharles Gonzalez

  • I have also just completed my first pin-up for a Dark Horse book (!) called "Samurai: Heaven & Earth". I wanted to design the illustration keeping the title of the book in mind. The woman represent "heaven" and thus is placed in a vertical shaft of light and the graveyard/shrines represent "earth". My hope is that the woman's face is the focal point and her robes lead the eye down to the sword, across the samurai's back and down into the ground. Then the eye comes across from left to right and goes up the shaft of light back-up to the face.

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    That pin-up is great. I love the textures you did on the pants and stone pagodas. Verrry cool.