Contact me

2010 SKETCHBOOK (60 pages, black/white/tone, print run 100 copies)

Editions

Sunday, January 03, 2010

Cody Starbuck by Howard Chaykin



I have loved reading Howard Chaykin's graphic novels for almost 10 years now. I started with "Batman: Dark Alliances" and worked my way back through "Blackhawk", "Shadow", "Mighty Love" (loved Richard Price's "Lush Life" poster in the background!), "City of Tomorrow", "Iron Wolf" (both the 70's and the "Mignola" versions), "Twilight", "American Flagg", "Times Square" (I don't know how to do the math sign), the various Dominic Fortune appearances...the list goes on and on. But one storyline has always vexed me...Cody Starbuck! The Problem is that Cody Starbuck is a series of stand alone stories (in some cases almost re-boots) with gaps of 2-3 years in between. I love the stories...but I wonder if I am missing chunks of it. Here is what I got:

Star*Reach #1 (1974) and #4 (1976)

Cody Starbuck Star*Reach graphic novelette (1978)

Heavy Metal: May, June, July, August, September 1981--- a serialized 46 page graphic novel


1978 Cody Starbuck portfolio by Schanes and Schanes (6 black and white plates)

1980 Cody Starbuck portfolio by SQ. Prod. Pub./ Continuity Comics (4 color plates)



I have also read in an interview with Neal Adams that "Cody Starbuck" was sold by Continuity to some company in Europe and they printed a graphic novel. I have not been able to find any info on that. I am not even sure if it was printed in France or Italy...or if this "European graphic album" is the reprint of material from Heavy Metal.

Can anyone help? Does any one know who I can ask?

5 comments:

Empty Room Studios said...

I wish I could help :(

On another note, did some Robotika fan art.

Hope you are doing well, man.

http://rickhersheyart.blogspot.com/2010/01/robotika.html

Alex Sheikman said...

Hi Rick,

Good to hear from you :)

Nice piece. You got a great likeness and you did not shy away from putting the detail into his utility belt. I also love the colors and the background. Thank you!

Part of your link got cut off...would you mind if I re-posted it in one of the regular posts?

By the way, nice series of black and white illustrations over on your blog :)

Empty Room Studios said...

Hey man, thanks for the comments. I actually plan on doing a couple more between projects, so I'll let you know when I get them done. And feel free to post it in your regular posts, no problem.

小小彬Bing said...

That's actually really cool!亂倫,戀愛ING,免費視訊聊天,視訊聊天,成人短片,美女交友,美女遊戲,18禁,
三級片,後宮電影院,85cc,免費影片,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,日本a片,美女,成人圖片區,avdvd,色情遊戲,情色貼圖,女優,偷拍,情色視訊,愛情小說,85cc成人片,成人貼圖站,成人論壇,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,免費a片,視訊美女,視訊做愛,免費視訊,伊莉討論區,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性感影片,正妹,走光,色遊戲,情色自拍,kk俱樂部,好玩遊戲,免費遊戲,貼圖區,好玩遊戲區,中部人聊天室,情色視訊聊天室,聊天室ut,成人遊戲,免費成人影片,成人光碟,情色遊戲,情色a片,情色網,成人圖片區

星爺Frank said...

cool!very creative!AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,成人圖片區,性愛自拍,美女寫真,自拍