Contact me

2010 SKETCHBOOK (60 pages, black/white/tone, print run 100 copies)

Editions

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Baba Yaga page 6 (pencils)...version 1.0

The prince turns cold and wicked and he delights in tormenting young maidens by turning them into slimy ugly things, like snakes, lizards...and frogs



I am not very happy with the storytelling on this page. I think the top panel lacks drama, I don't like the fact that the face of the prince is so "accessible", and I think that the maiden who gets turned into a frog, should actually be more of a mutant creature which is something between a human and a frog...so I am working on a revision.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a darned nice hand in panel 3 though.....

Alex Sheikman said...

Thank you :)

It's kind of creepy and "skeletal" ...now if I could just hide the face a bit more....