Contact me

2010 SKETCHBOOK (60 pages, black/white/tone, print run 100 copies)

Editions

Friday, July 23, 2010

What does Archie Goodwin, Walter Simonson, Steve Englehart, and Marshall Rogers have in common?

Other than being great comic book creators they also share: Henry, Emma, and Nico!

I discovered that recently while I was re-reading Englehart/Rogers series called "Scorpio Rose" from Eclipse. I noticed a tourist family in the background and they sure looked familiar...and then I remembered that they were used as "comic relief" in a Manhunter story by Goodwin/Simonson. They were used so well that they stuck in my mind:


The top panel is from Manhunter Chapter 5 (1974) by Goodwin/Simonson and takes place in Istanbul.
The bottom panel is Scorpio Rose #2 from (1983) by Englehart/Rogers.

No comments: