Contact me

2010 SKETCHBOOK (60 pages, black/white/tone, print run 100 copies)

Editions

Thursday, March 03, 2011

Dark Crystal and More

Today I got to see the finished colored pages from the Dark Crystal 8 page story that will appear on the Free Comic Book Day in May. The colorist, Lizzy John, did a wonderful job completing the story and giving it a lot of "mood". I am pretty excited about seeing it in print.

I am also starting to work on the cover and interior chapter illustrations for Matthew Maxwell's "Strangeways: The Thirsty". It's an original graphic novel that is a sequel to his "Strangeways: Murder Moon". I have talked about Matthew and his work in my earlier posts. He and I shared convention tables at APE and WonderCon in the past, and apart from being a very creative guy, he is also a gentlemen and a true fan of storytelling. To read more about Matthew and his work, you can visit him at Highway 62

In the meantime, here is another page from WWII:

1 comment:

Keefer said...

Nice looking war page! I like your use of gray tones on it.